Health Guarantee – 10-Year Warranty
Important First Steps
Change of environment, surroundings, separation from siblings, and a new family can be stressful to your puppy and can have a serious impact on your puppy’s immediate health, especially during the first few days to the first couple of weeks. If you notice any signs of stress: such as a change in attitude, appetite, bowel movements, lack of bowel movement, or any other symptoms please contact us immediately for advice, DAY or NIGHT.
One of the most important factors to consider for a new puppy parent is: Is my puppy eating enough? Also, give plenty of downtime and rest for your new puppy. In any case, we are here to help and answer all your questions.
Veterinarian care is extremely important for the health of your new puppy. You need to take your puppy to be examined by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of taking possession and continue with ongoing routine care throughout his/hers lifetime.
Initial Health Guarantee
Just For Maltipoo guarantees to the original purchaser that your puppy is healthy at the time of adoption and free from the following infectious diseases: Parvo Virus, Distemper, Hepatitis, Corona Virus for a period of 10 days from the date of taking possession. Should your veterinarian diagnose any of the above diseases within the 10-day period after taking possession you must notify us immediately. At your option, we will replace or refund the puppy.
10 Year Congenital Warranty
The 10 year congenital warranty requires that you have had your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within the first 10 days of taking possession and have kept your puppy under regular veterinarian care. If the above conditions are met, Just For Maltipoo warrants to the original purchaser the following: If within the first 3 year period your puppy is diagnosed with a life-threatening congenital disorder, we will offer a replacement puppy of equivalent or lesser value at no cost to you. If within the remaining 7 years, your puppy is diagnosed with a life-threatening congenital disorder, we will offer you a replacement puppy of equivalent or lesser value at a 50% discount.
We offer the following prescription reimbursement if diagnosed within 10 days of taking possession.
- Cough/respiratory – Will reimburse for 1 round of antibiotics (azithromycin or doxycycline) or 1 injection of Convenia. (We don’t recommend Clavamox as it often has disappointing results)
- Pre-existing Parasitism — Will reimburse for 1 round of wormer or up to 10 days of Albon.
- Giardia- Metronidazole along with Panacur for 7 days OR Drontal Plus for 3 days
- Follow Up Fecal Exam – We will reimburse 1 time for Float or Smear (we do not cover Eliza or PCR tests). Any other fecal tests deemed necessary will require prior approval beforehand.
WE DO NOT COVER:
- Non-life threatening conditions such as inguinal and umbilical hernias, retained testicles, and cherry eyes. These conditions are common and should be addressed when the puppy is spayed or neutered as there is no need to put your young puppy under anesthesia.
- X-rays related to a cough except if it is needed because of a persistent irritation. Please contact us for prior approval before proceeding.
- Grade 1 or 2 luxating patellas are not covered as they usually will not pose a threat. Other grades of luxating patellas or congenital hip disease are not covered unless they are identified within the first 30 days.
- Parasites such as giardia, coccidia or other common types of parasite except as outlined above and diagnosed within the specific timeframes.
- Respiratory infections except as outlined above and diagnosed within the specified timeframes.
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). This is preventable and it is your responsibility to make sure your puppy is eating enough.
- Diagnostics related to grade 1 or 2 heart murmurs. These can be transient and do not pose a threat to your puppy. These are also not grounds for the return/refund of your puppy.
- Any infectious diseases contracted after dating of sale.
- Malocclusions- As your puppy grows and develops the teeth are ever-changing and it can be difficult to predict their final placement. Due to this, we do not cover any costs associated with any dental or bite abnormalities or vet bills associated with your puppy’s teeth.
- Initial fecal exam.
- Any other diagnostic tests without prior approval.
- Any claims or vet bills other than medication reimbursements as described above.
- Acceptance of goods: The buyer understands that there are not any guarantees of hypoallergenic qualities, breeding qualities, show qualities, or in final size or disposition of any pet whether expressed or implied. The seller has made no representations as to the fitness of purpose and provides no warranty towards the pet’s fitness for any other purpose. Buyer agrees that upon delivery of puppy to them or local pick up of puppy by them, that they have carefully examined puppy and accepts puppy as is with regard to physical appearance and breed conformation. The buyer understands and agrees that under no circumstances will any claim be made by the buyer with regards to any DNA test results or opinion disputing breed. These tests are for informational purposes and not intended to determine or validate whether a particular dog is purebred or the make-up of a particular dog and the Buyer agrees to hold the seller harmless from any such claims.
- In the case of sudden death: A necropsy will be required to file a warranty claim to determine the cause of death. If you don’t want to get a necropsy of your puppy, Just For Maltipoo will offer you a 50% discount on the purchase of a new puppy of equal or lesser value.
We do not offer cash refunds other than the initial 10-day health guarantee as noted above. Just for Maltipoo reserves the right to update and/or modify this warranty at any time with or without notice.
We do not cover any warranty claim from the Animal Clinic Chain Banfield. We have made this decision because our clients have had disappointing experiences with them in the past and we want all of our puppies to have a positive vet experience.
Dedicated Partner Breeders
We value the trusting relationship we have with our partner breeders who share our dedication and commitment to providing clients with healthy and socialized puppies. The health & welfare of our puppies is the top priority. When we visit their homes, it warms our hearts to see their devotion to the exercise, socialization, and exceptional veterinary care of their dogs